Thread: Gestapo?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #31
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shooterdad

This morning I received an e mail from the admin in regards to my last post explaining why the thread was locked . Let me first say that I don't envy the moderators one bit and would never want the position and if I were I can assure you there would be many more threads locked out based on what I feel has redeeming value and what doesn't.

The e mail was an apology from the admin for the way the closure was handled,with what I feel was a reasonable explanation.I have participated in many forums RV and otherwise for many years and many times bit my tongue to keep from being censored , so to find my thread in this position was something that got me peeved .

To those in support of this thread thank you , and to those who were not I wish you safe travels.

Let me give you something to consider for those that dont like this thread or guns in general or for whatever venue they dont approve of with a quick story.

Here in San Diego there was a petition on the ballot for a No Smoking ban on our Beach's due to all the cigarette butts on the sand, I smoked(I dont ever go to the beach) and one of my employees was in favor of the ban,I told him once they ban that it will be something else, sure enough 1 year later another petition No glass on the beach, he was still in favor, 1 year later No Alcohol. Now he is upset because he cant go to the beach a have a plastic cup of wine. I dont go to the beach , I dont drink , but it is sad to loose the freedoms for those that do. Careful what you wish for folks.

My frustration isn't about the thread content or guns really , just the fact that one comment from someone that doesn't agree or is some how put off by the subject can close it, when the was clearly many more that showed interest.

I throughly enjoy this site and the many that contribute here and as such have learned a lot of things not only about RVing, Montana Fifth Wheels, but life in general , guess this will be another lesson . Have a Great Day...Scott
Scott, glad you are back! I WAS enjoying your initial post about guns when the post was shot down. Whether I am for or against personal firearms is not the issue for me. What bothered me was that I did not see anything particularly bothersome, either for or against, although it may have been headed in that direction. I believe as some others have suggested that if a posters comments really did get out of line, then scratch that poster's comment, not the entire post! We had a member report a bullet hole in his Montana not long ago and I have seen mention of crimes committed in RV campgrounds on other sites...I want to keep informed on what is going on out there, and closing down discussions is not going to help me do that. I think I get the point.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote