View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
You are really missing out this season, as the entire desert is green everywhere, and the cactus is in bloom. I don't think it's been the nice for a very long time, except it has been quite cool and wet this winter in Arizona. I'm sure, as soon as it does finally get hot, all that green will again be brown. It was so wet in Quartzsite in January, that we had to delay our Meet & Greet a day to allow the water to soak in, and I think someone said we had over an inch of rain the day before.
We have nothing bad to say about snowbird winters in the SW.We have seen the desert in bloom .It is fantastic. Since we retired we have become very picky as to where we go or where we stay. We realized early on we did not have to be anywhere. We did Lake Havasu city, Tuscon , Apache Junction.The south west is beautiful .The night and morning desert winter can be cold it took us a couple of years to get the sand out of the RV. Nothing serious and we enjoyed our winters but we kept trying different places. We particularly enjoyed travelling around the SW the scenery and history is fantastic. The "Q" of course is a must do and we did.

Here in central Florida with all the attractions, WDW, Universal , Kennedy space center, there may be to much to do and see. The weather for us is perfect.n The great thing about this life style is we can do anything we want and be anywhere we choose.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote