View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Pressure Pro to the Rescue

We were saved by Pressure Pro. Yesterday, Monday, September 21st, we were traveling south on I-69 near East Lansing, MI when I noted that one tire was not up like the rest of them. We pulled in to Tuffy Auto Services and discovered that another of our "aluminum" wheels was leaking air in a couple different places. Cracks were appearing all over the wheel. We bought another steel wheel from Quality Tire in Lansing (they delivered to Tuffy's) and Tuffy technicians made the swap.

This is the fourth aluminum wheel we had that went bad, but the first one that didn't leak around the valve stem. I would have hated to see what might have happened had we continued the way it was because I believe that the entire lug area of the wheel would have broken out. That's how bad the wheel looked.

We were given two new wheels by Keystone back in 2003 and I bought one, but no more. Though our rig now has two steel wheels (that don't match) the rig still rolls and we'll continue to travel until my age prevents it.

Just wanted to pass on this info about the Pressure Pro system in case there are still some on the fence about getting it. The damage we could have incurred would have been much more than my $500 insurance deductible!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote