View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 AM   #1
glenski01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6561
soon to be Newbie

Thanks for allowing us to research all the helpful info on Montana's. Now that I think about it, when I signed up I did not read if it is a requirement to own a Montana. We intend to own one by Mar or April 07.

We currently utilize the forum on our 05 Travel Trailer, & it is great, looks like the Montana forum is even better!

We are going to jump right into this, new truck req'd & a new 3400RL. Have researched & looked at many 5th wheels. Our initial budget was closer to $30K, then we saw the Montana. I guess one knows the right unit, once you see it. As usual the cost is more than intended.

Have no idea how to hook up a 5th wheel, how sharp we can turn, etc etc. Am very adept to towing though. From research heard the Mor Ryde is a must have feature. Also the "Blue Ox" on the hitch?? viewed the video, seems like a good item to have.

Hoping the Montana is not over the top for us, we actually camp mostly in Forest or State campgrounds, rarely go to to RV parks, so dirt is an issue, along with our two large dogs . Wish Keystone would allow one to order minor changes (vinyl in lieu of carpet in lower living area for us works much much better, but told by dealer no mods accepted, one of the few down side for us in this line.)

Not anywhere near retirement, and once there doubt we will actually full time it, but we like the 3400RL & quality feel of Montana so much more than most other models we have looked at.

Again, thanks for all the info, here we go!!!
glenski01 is offline   Reply With Quote