Thread: New Knee update
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. I had my left knee replaced in 1994 when I was bowling steadily with the Senior Pro Bowlers Association and really worked hard at the rehab. I only took the pain medication for about three weeks even though I was experiencing pain. My initiative to get back to bowling was what got me through it and soon I had minimal pain. However, I also experienced snapping and clunking and the knee seemed loose. Doctor said that was normal (NOT). After 13 years, in 2007 I had to have it repaired because all the bowling and other activities had worn the teflon meniscus thin so that it cracked and infected the knee. The repair was better than the original surgery--no pain two months after surgery, no clunking or snapping. Since about four months after the surgery I have been pain free (in that area of my body). Have not gone back to bowling yet since I've had two back surgeries since then.

If my other knee were to go bad I wouldn't hesitate to go under the knife again.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote