View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Driftwoodgal

Ok, you all have me confused. We have direct TV at our stick house and we have to pay a separate fee for the local channels. We were thinking about buying a dish and taking the bedroom receiver with us when we travel. Are you saying that Direct TV is better than Dish Network and Hughes Direct?

Colleen
I don't know anything about Hughes Direct. As far as picture quality between Dish and Direct, they are comparable. I've never noticed any difference. That said, if you have the local channels, you are paying for them--how much I don't know, but I think it is around $1.50/month per network. I could be wrong. We get the E-W network channels (with the RV waiver) and we pay $4.50/month for the three networks.

The problem with Dish network goes way back when there were rumblings about Dish and Direct merging and I guess Direct saw what Dish was doing and decided not to merge. It was then that all the litigation was going on. Direct won their case and Dish lost.

Several on this forum tried to warn their fellow MOCers about it a few months back.

No, I don't believe Direct will up their prices because they have to compete with the cable companies. With Direct/Dish, during electrical storms you lose your signal--not so with cable. So they will still have competition.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote