View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
While people can have different opinions I’ve been driving Ford trucks since 2015 with start stop. In 2015 and 16 it was a big topic on the forum I visit, it isn’t talked about much now. Is start stop worth it? Maybe, might be. My 2.7 uses about a half gallon of fuel an hour. Is it worth it, you be the judge. After you use it a while you don’t notice it. The engine stops at a traffic light and starts with out you even realizing it happened. The only time I noticed it is on a very hot day and the fan slows when I’m enjoying that nice cool air. Then I hit the button to disable it. There are several ways to permanently disable it from kits like Dave said to using Forscan. Forscan will disable it and do much more. It will show actual engine temperatures and pressures instead of the idiot gages. Don’t let start stop worry you. It will be on many gasoline vehicles in the near future. I don’t think you will ever see it on a Diesel vehicle. Idling is where a diesel is most efficient and a gasoline engine is least effective.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote