View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #9
Dreamersandtravelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy1313 View Post
Hi All! Quick question for the community. I plan on traveling down the oregon coast hwy 101 from Astoria area down to Orick/Klamath region. Stopping around Newport for a few days in between the trip. I have a 40 ft 5th wheel trailer and want to see if anyone has had any experience traveling down this hwy. Is the road overall big rig friendly. Any problems filling up down the coast? Thoughts/insight would be greatly appreciated.
We've driven hwy 101 from Port Townsend Wa to Eureka CA several times over several years. Even stored our rig in Port Orford a few times for trips back east. I've been able to pull into nearly any gas station for fuel; after-all, bigger trucks bring in gas or diesel. Best to go without your rig. And you cannot pump your own gas. Plan plenty of time for your journey. The road can be rough, construction zones, and traffic. So don't expect to go much more than 55 mph very often! We've seen hundreds of big 5th wheels, many even towing toys. Check out Harvest Host, there are places to stay. We love one near Tillamook. If you're an Elk member there's a several nice parks too. The scenery is so awesome along the coast. Harris Beach State park has a few big rig friendly sites if not all booked.
Dreamersandtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote