Thread: HamMer TimE
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #1
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
HamMer TimE

so we got the idea to go to New York and Boston and Connecticut to see the Mayflower and the USS Constitution and a couple of other sites. Bad Idea, the traffic ( miles long back ups to get into and out of these cities )and rudeness of people and drivers were just more than I could take , the roads were just ridiculous too, just full of pot holes uneven joints on the repaired areas that I couldn`t believe and to think these clowns would go home at night and think they did a good that day. We all know what organizations we are talking about. The roads were so bad it beat the crap out of my camper (3791 RD) Not only did I break a spring I lost the camber in the rear axle from the relentless pounding from the dips and holes. Because of the spring and lost camber I wore out a 2 Sailuns in 400 miles I mean down to the cords on the inside edges.(nope not over loaded and they were 80% to out of date any way) From 2018 when I got the unit Nare an issue until now with these roads. The guy parked next to us was from Boston and he said he has to commute into the city every day he says you have to drive like it`s War and he is stressed to the max when he gets to work. When people pass you on the right sholuder because they can`t on the left lane you need to get out of there. I`ll never go back up there for any reason. New Jersey and Boston area Interstates were the worst for backed up traffic.
So I put new springs on all axles, had the 1 one axle re-bent to the right camber the other axle was ok and had to buy 4 new Sailuns. Got them from Walmart (best price fastest delivery) Went ahead and got the 85`s over the 80`s to see if it makes a difference. The only problem with them is all 4 took an inordinate amount of weight to get them balanced see pic. Not sure what this means. I question this and they said Sailun doesn't guarantee the trailer tires will balance.
Very expensive trip to say the least
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0420.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	12668   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0421.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	12669   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg