View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #5
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Sorry for the delay in responding. My system includes 4 - 100 watt AM Solar panels, 2 Lifeline AGM (absorption glass mat) batteries (GPL-8D, 255 amp hours) and a Magnum Energy 100 amp inverter/charger with remote control (ME2012). My generator is the Yahama 3000iseb, which will charge the batteries on cloudy days (or when I've been a power hog) and run the air conditioner. It sits in the bed of my truck.

As mentioned in my other post (there are two parallel threads on this topic), my system was installed by John Palmer, as was Orv and Marge's. I also highly recommend John, as his work is meticulous and fully guaranteed. There's no one in the industry who knows more about solar systems than John. He frequently presents seminars at RV events such at the twice-yearly Escapades. The next one will be the Spring event in Chico, CA April 23-28, 2006. I'm not sure whether John will be there, but he's almost always at the Fall Escapade. Next year it will be in Van Wert, OH - not sure of exact dates, probably late September.

Like HamRad said, I'll be in Quartzsite in January. I'll be there at least 2 weeks, possibly 3. My system will support my life easily for that period. In fact, I could live forever on my solar system, supplemented occasionally by the generator. The only limitation for boondocking is filling up my holding tanks!
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote