View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
fulltilt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16056
Hi Multi Wire
Below is a quote to me from Morryde for the IS suspension mentioned by one of the members. I was considering it for our 5'er
7K IS with 8K disc brakes $6,899.00
8K suspension with my drum brakes is $4,349.00. 8K IS with 8K disc brakes is $7,299
Now, my trailer is 3" low at the back with my hitch in box of 17" off truck bed. I have my pin box as high as I can go. I now have 6" clearance between my box rails & underside of 5'er. I am having our local frame shop build a 2" subframe, cutting off the existing trailer suspension, adding 1" block between the axles & subframe, giving me the 3" needed to level the trailer. I should end up level. If you tow high at front, then for piece of mind, you should run rig down to the scales, weigh the front axle of the trailer, then move forward & weigh the rear axle. Then compare the two weights, sometimes, when you aren't towing level the weight bias on each axle can be quite shocking, by doing this you will have piece of mind that you aren't pushing the limits on one axle/tire set. All this trouble started for me when I went from 2012 GMC HD to a brand new Ram HD, my RAM has factory air bags & does not squat with the 5'er hooked up. S**t happens, I will beat it, then the fun can resume again ! Good luck !
fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote