View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #28
Alan & Jan
Established Member

M.O.C. #25833
You go first, I will see how yours works out. I just retired after 55+ years as an HVAC contractor. Ive installed countless minisplit units of various brands so I have a fair knowledge of the subject. I wouldn't downsize to the point some are suggesting. I wouldn't count on being able to heat down to very low temps in cold outdoor ambients without a supplemental heat source. More than anything, Im not convinced a mini split not specifically designed to take the day in day out beating our RV road trips impose on the equipment will not beat itself to death in a short time causing numerous refrigerant leaks and other component failures. I would read the manufacturers warranty prior to doing this and see if they will warranty their equipment in this type of installation. IF all this works out then, the mini split option would be a very viable option. Im sure not a fan of the noisy a/c units in my 5ver now but as previously mentioned, they do provide white noise in RV parks which is often a blessing. My 2 cents worth.
Alan & Jan is offline   Reply With Quote