View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Very experienced white water kayaker here (see pic<<<). I would not do white water in an inflatable at all. Period! end of story.

Inflatables are ok if your on flat water but trust me you don't want to tote a ripped rubber bag down a river for several miles.

One other big thing to consider is inflatables are notoriously less agile and much more difficult to paddle than a hard body. On a long day floating it makes a big difference how easily that kayak slips thru the water.

In fact the only thing that does make inflatables a good choice is they can be stored compactly. If your bound and determined to get one at least buy a good one because going cheap on an inflatable is for certain disaster! I would float in a Walmart cheap hard body before I would float in the very best most expensive inflatable.

And just because something is "rated" for whitewater does not mean it will actually hold up to it very long. I have know a few folks that tried them and I have even paddled a few for a short while. You couldn't pay me to float in one.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote