Old 12-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy
My opinion carries no more weight than does anyone else, ...
Sounds like your opinion could use a dualie so it could carry more weight... Sorry, Ed... couldn't resist...
Darn I knew I should have gotten the dually version of my opinion when I had the chance...LOL

JandC wrote:
Quote:
quote:Any members out there that are current or retired over-the-road truck drivers? Would like to hear their thoughts since this issue has come up in different posts. The gentlemen I purchased my Monte from was a retired driver and he had a 3/4 ton beefed up Ram SRW.
I know several truck drivers that have no clue what the weight of their TV's or RV's are. They "had" to know what those weights were when hauling because they had to cross weigh scales and would face pretty stiff fines if they were overweight.

I include my Son in law in this group as he does not know what either their RV or horse trailer weighs when loaded, not does he know what the pin weight is on the horse trailer.

It is a whole different ball game when you don't have to prove to anyone you are not overweight.

There are some like jhudson and others who are very aware of the weights of their RV and TV. I also know exactly what mine are when ready to hit the road. Many owners don't know, don't care and that will never change.

This of course is just another of my SRW opinions....

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote