View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 03:04 PM   #10
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
This sounds similar to a problem I had. Your picture shows the bottom edge of the slide. On that edge is a strip of angle bracket. On my Monty there was no caulking along the top edge of the angle bracket. With the slide open, when it rained the carpet at the headboard would get wet. The solution in my case was to GENTLY pry the top edge of the bracket away from the fiberglass side wall and squirt a generous amount of silicone caulk into the space. I took it in small increments and used a small screwdriver to hold the bracket away from the fiberglass. When the small screwdriver was removed, the spring tension on the bracket allowed it to pull in close to the fiberglass and squeeze a little of the silicone out. A quick wipe with a wet finger removed the excess silicone and resulted in a good seal. No more problems with that in 6 years. Be very careful not to bend or distort the angle bracket or you could have more problems. Hope this helps.