View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have DirecTV HD with a DVR in the LR and a regular HD receiver in the BR. We use the Winegard Traveller, auto finding system (one button control). This is perfect in a perfect world. When we are under the trees we have to use our portable dish (kept under the bed and the front compartment). The last time we had to use it, I could not get a signal to save my life. Called a private sat guy out and he discovered the head (on the LNB end) had gone Tango Uniform, (maybe too much jostling in the front compartment). He replaced the head with one he had and it worked perfectly. Without moving the LNB arm he put mine back on and NO JOY. I'm not saying this is your problem, but other things do go wrong with these systems from time to time. Good luck with yours. BTW: There is a device called a "Birddog", (quite expensive, but well worth it if you move alot, I guess), and it tells you when you are locked on to each sat. If I didn't have the Winegard and was still travelling alot, I would have one....Check it out thru Google......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote