View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Mark W.

M.O.C. #32137
Furnace Question

I have a 2020 Montana High Country 331 RL.
The thermostat for the central air on the wall has an Electric & Gas Selection when "Heat" is chosen. I wanted to let the heater run for the duration of this Arctic Blast, but I didn't want to run it on gas as the trailer is always plugged in. The thermostat would not let me just select "Electric", but it WOULD let me select "Gas" or Gas/Electric" which I didn't want. So, I left it with both Gas & Electric selected and turned both propane bottles off so as not to waste the gas. I could actually hear the gas burner burning when I turned the tanks off. All seemed fine and it was warm in the camper when I went to bed. Sometime during the night, we had a power outage for about an hour and a half. I have a Technology Research Corp 34951 Surge Guard 50A Portable Wireless Surge Guard with Automatic reset on power restoration, a 10 second countdown startup sequence, and a 128 second reset delay that protects A/C compressor plugged in at the wall. I did not check on the camper the next morning, but my wife did sometime that afternoon and it was 31 degrees in the camper and the fan was not running. My question is, how or why can't I just run electric or is there a problem maybe? I checked all of the breakers and they were good and none of the red lights on the fuses were on. I took out the black fuse for the furnace which caused the light to come on, so I put it back in. I also checked the battery as it was dead last month for some reason even though it is always plugged in when I am home. I put the battery charge on it for a full 24 hours. I checked the battery, and it shows good and when I put the load tester on it, it shows "Weak" Any ideas? Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to give as much information as I could. Thanks in advance.
Mark W. is offline   Reply With Quote