View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
How do I hate thee DirecTV....let me count the way

Here we sit in NC with all our DirecTV equip and using the regular antennae for our TV watching pleasure. Apparently DirecTV does not supply equip to RVs. When you see ads for DirecTV for your RV it is thru an authorized dealer called Direct SAT TV. Once you sign up and Direct Sat sends you the equip and it gets up and running your account with DirecTV begins and you pay directly to them. Now..when you have trouble with the equip you call who? Well, without knowing that they are 2 different companies you call DirecTV. They love to tell you that they arene't responsible for the equip or the fact you can't get a signal. It took us hours of talking with customer service and tech support at both companies before anyone explained the difference to us. My reply was "who cares, just get the dumb thing to work!!". Wo here we sit with no sat signal. DH is a retired electronics tech and believes we have a bad receiver because the RF signal detector we bought at Radio Shack says we have lots of signal available...also, everyone around us has their dishes out!! Try to getting a service call to an RV!! That will be $69 please. Huh? Are you kidding? So, we will have to wait until June 5th when we are in a location long enough to get someone out to help us. If it turns out to be the receiver I am going to ......
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote