View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #21
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
We have a 3791RD with a GE Residential Refrigerator and when we got it one of the doors swung all the way open and the handle would hit the glass on the pantry door. I asked my wife to look at the manual for the refrigerator to see if there was an adjustment to make the door stop sooner and she said no. I guess I didn't recheck the manual to verify this, but I decided to come up with a different way somehow.

I fastened a zip tie to the post at the top of the door and another on the lever that goes into the body of the unit up near the top of the door. Then I put a zip tied between the two and drew it tight enough to stop the door swing to where I wanted it. A small piece of tape the keep the two sides of the middle zip tie from separating and another to hold the zip tie on the post on the door in place and that's about it. When the door shuts it folds up out of the way and doesn't get behind the gasket and isn't really visible when looking at the fridge from the front. It's a pretty rudimentary fix but it's functioning quite well actually right now. Keeps the door about a foot from the pantry when fully open. We're still careful while opening the door and it doesn't seem like it's putting too much pressure on the lever coming out of the body of the fridge, but we shall see I guess.

If I find the zip ties start snapping or some other reason this doesn't work, is there another way people are keeping the door handle off the pantry door glass? Or did I waste my time and there's a door adjustment that handles this?
Good idea!
We have the RV fridge, but it has a similar issue. I'm going to see if your idea will work on the RV fridge.
Thanks for posting this!

Brad