View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #12
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyjo View Post
We are former Cougar owners getting ready for retirement, we like Keystone never had issues with our old Cougar.

Reading the reviews on Montana HC is kind of making us second guess our choice...

Can someone with this model talk about their trailer what they liked or disliked.

We need to make a decision by this Friday.

HELP !!!
Finding a GOOD dealer is as important, if not more important, than the quality of the 5er.” Quality” is relative these days. I have a 2018 Monty HC I bought used, and have had some issues but most I fixed myself or my dealer fixed. I have a great dealer so that helped a lot. Most ALL your warranty work will be done by your dealer. You WILL have warranty work needed, so make sure you spend 3-4 or more hours going through your PDI , making notes and taking pictures. Turn on everything and make sure it works. Have your dealer make all the fixes BEFORE you sign your paperwork. You will be at the front of the line for your repairs, rather than being on the end of the line. Also, you are likely to have to wait for parts as we al have heard about the shortages. There are some good PDI check lists on this forum that you can print and take with you. There will be upgrades and add ons you will want to make, so like several folks have indicated, take some long trips in your new RV before you jump in full time. If you have warranty repairs needed down the road, document them in writing with dates and pictures and communicate them to your dealer right away. Document your communications so everyone stays on the same page. Hope you have a great experience and a solid RV. Come here for advice and guidance if you have issues. Happy Camping!!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote