View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

Thinking out loud if one has a bumper mount power cord plug ... although I don't have a tailgate as originally equipped (I have a webbed tail gate similar to Pro Net), my powercord plug is located right on the rear bed pillar. Some worry about damaging it there, but I've never had that issue. It's near impossible to unplug the cord and not lower my webbing as I always also stuff the cord, breakaway, and rear view camera wire up inside the pinbox which is extremely hard to reach without lowering the net. But ... maybe there will be a someday ...
You know, that's a great idea as I'm needing to replace the plug under my bumper before our next trip. Having to lower the tailgate to unplug it would sure help to not do this again. We've looked at the 5Th wheel louvered tailgates a 100 times and just can't make our selves buy one. We use a cover on our bed and would need to fabricate something to cover the gate when not pulling the Monty and I'm just tired of making mods. There comes a point when you just have to stop remodeling.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote