View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Myers View Post
The islands move while traveling????
This must have been a manufacturing defect that had to be corrected. This is the first I've heard or seen of this particular issue. It's not likely to be a common problem. That's not to say that you shouldn't give the island a jiggle in your walk through to test it's stability. It's impossible to anticipate everything that can eventually require a warranty repair but this is why a thorough PDI is important. Humans are putting these thing together...and pretty quickly at that so an inadequate number of staples, nails, or screws is possible at any phase of construction. If you can get away without the need for any warranty repair I think you'll be part of a rare breed.

Our model is a little different but still similar in that everything closes up pretty tightly around the island. We haven't seen any additional movement in ours. We had some loose trim and a couple other cosmetic things in ours but that was it so we feel pretty fortunate. We also had to deal with the leaking slide motors but that's not a concern in newer models. I'm also pretty handy so I'm game for fixing little things myself.

Just check everything you can think of, using a good PDI list, and start your adventures. On your first outing you'll probably start your list of things that will need attention. It's part of the journey...just enjoy the ride.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote