View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #21
donscomp
Established Member

M.O.C. #11167
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clemson1881

Switching back and forth from sat to cable in the living room would be very easy. Just plug the cable in your TV and change sources. If you want to feed sat through the entire coach with one receiver you can't hook up to cable too. You have to use the cable feed to do that, but you can do it. As long as you are OK with sat only in the living room you can run cable through the entire coach. Post what you want to do specifically.
Well, what I wanted to do or hoping it was set up to do was just like our pusher. You have the option of anything in any location. Watch a dvd,sat,cable,ant in all locations or sat here, dvd there & cable over there. But that wont happen the way it is right now anyhow.

I know how I could switch back an forth in the living between the 2.
You said using the cable feed to feed the Sat through the whole coach. You mean (with a portable) come into the convenience center outside into the cable? IF that worked you would have to have a reciever at each location.
What I would like to do is say run the sat to the living OR bed TV. Hook the reciever there and feed all others from there. So all tv's would have to watch the same thing but thats ok. Then I have a set of small rf recievers from radio shack that I hook up and can switch channels on the reciver in the bedroom from the living room. The problem would be feeding the whole coach OUT from the one reciever. I was thinking you could use the cable in the bedroom and backfeed the cable (of corse not having cable hooked up also) but since it is cable/ant. and there is power going though it from booster. I didnt think that would work or it would blow something.
Now, I could only do this with a non HD sat. reciever as the HD ones have no coax out. I could get a moduale but I have one non HD reciever.

Once I install a dish on the roof. And if I ran into the bed closet. I would hav a few more options.

Thats kinda it if it makes any since. lol

thanks
Don
donscomp is offline   Reply With Quote