View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #27
John Bowers
Established Member

M.O.C. #7888
Our trip to Shorter, Alabama was a great shakedown for the 3400RL. Again, I had problems at the top of the driveway. This time, however, it was different. The safety wire for the brakes on the trailer was looped around the handle for the hitch pin release. I turned left at the top of the driveway to head up the road, carefully avoiding my mailbox with the trailer. When I straightened the truck/trailer rig, the safety wire was pulled out by the handle. I felt the drag of the trailer, but shirked it off to merely being in too high a gear to get started. But, when I stopped at a "STOP" sign and tried to move forward again, the trailer didn't want to come with me. I backed off the road so that I could investigate the problem, and found the plug had been pulled from the trailer.

I will always pay attention in the future to the location of the safety wire on the brake release.

Regarding our shopping spree after returning from Shorter, it will have to be at BIG LOTS. I pick my nose better than I pick the dogs.

John
John Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote