View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #49
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Well we spent 3 1/2 hours looking and inspecting the the Fv'er today. Thanks to the PDI I found several trim issues, in fact one of them I put my finger on it and it popped the trim next to the bedroom sliding door. There were a few scratches on cabinets etc, so I asked what I could use or what would they use to fix them. None of them were horrible gouges, but heah I haven't written the check. Hubby climbed up on the roof and came back down to tell me that there was a hole in the roof What a smart alec he is, he was only kidding.

I did find damage to one of the decals on the left side and said that it was very noticable. Not sure what happened, but the tear is about the size of a half dollar. The salesman said he would have to order a decal, that is on my list for them to do. So far they, the salesman, is telling me that all of my concerns will be addressed. I didn't find a hole from the bathroom sink to the cargo area. I did see where there were some small gaps where they had attached the siding on the bottom of the FV'er. I couldn't see any of the wires that you guys were talking about. I told the salesman that I wanted the gasket replaced in the shower and the toilet fixed. Hope I haven't shot myself in the foot on the toilet. It looks like ours came off the line April 4, 2006. I did mention the problems with the wiring near the brake drum and my concern about the waterlines. I inspected the furniture and I must say that I was disappointed in what we are getting. The couch is fine, but the recliners are IMHO poorly put together. One of the recliners has a tear in the back of it. I told them that we wouldn't accept it as it is, to give us a refund or order a new one. Since we would probably take one of them out so hubby could put in a temporary desk, we will probably take the money. After looking at the recliners in the Desert Sunset FVers that material is alot better than the Sapphire group, again IMHO. I am sure that we will have to replace the recliners or the recliner after a couple of years. The dinnette chairs had threads hanging from all over. The window treatments have threads hanging as well. I realize that this isn't a Mobile Suites, but heck someone could have cut the threads. The furniture and window treatments won't keep my from buying it, but when you start looking close at the cosmetics on somethings I think they are cutting corners. On the windows it is just the drape part that is ratty, not the material on the valance. If I was ordering everything I would probably order without furniture and put my own in. Also for those that have one on order check out the headboard, it is screwed in and when I was checking it the screw pulled out of the wall.

We didn't get to check anything mechanical as we didn't have power to it. I will present my interior and exterior list to the salesman along with my request about the wiring etc. The salesman said that he would schedule a 2 hour PDI when we sign the papers.... I told him I don't think that will be long enough.

Have any of you had them check your LP gas detector during your PDI. That was one of the things that was suggested that we do. It says that they sould have a canister that would set it off so you could check it and then they could show you how to reset it.

If any of you can tell me more about the guts under the Fv'er, that I need to check, I would appreciate it. I can also say that with the windows and the door open that we weren't overly hot even with 94 F weather. I was surprized that it was as cool as it was without an AC on.

I know I am forgetting some things and not editing this as I am tired and it is late.

No screws loose on the cabinets, but we do have the aluminum rims that have to be replaced, they are in the cargo area as I type.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote