View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #17
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
I also have the Valterra gate valve. I put a 3" clamp around the connector end to prevent it accidentally falling off going down the road.

Hblick48,
It would depend on how your tanks are configured in your rig if this trick of sharing tank space would work.
I have a 3130re. The galley tank is mounted higher in elevation than the bathroom grey or black tanks. Therefore my galley tank will always drain into my grey or black tanks (I do the grey tank backflush trick too).
However, the 3" drain pipe between the tanks to the gate valve will hold about 8 gallons giving you some extra boondocking space for grey water. I wouldn't do it with the black tank.
All 3 of my tanks the same size and are mounted between the main frame rails on the same level.

Regarding using the "burp" method to determine when to dump the black tank, don't do it. It happened to me once (because I thought I had dumped the tank, but didnt). Burping split the seem between the top and sides of the tank. Had to replace it, and had previously replaced the main grey tank (cracked below the discharge fitting). Both are now properly supported so shouldn't have future issues.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote