View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyRoom42 View Post
2022 Montana Legacy 3781RL is supposed to have a built in surge protector. Went through all the manuals nothing regarding the surge protector. Anybody know what brand, model, and where it is installed?
We have a 2021 3790RD, and it came with a PD (progressive dynamics) "all in one" Transfer Switch that includes Surge Protection. Note this was a basic surge protector with no low voltage protection.

We had issues with the switch a few weeks ago, and the factory sent out a Southwire Automatic Transfer Switch with Surge Guard, I believe it was this model - link
My best guess is that you should have the Southwire as above.

Ours is located behind the wall of the main storage bay. Basically, the wire from the back of the hose reel goes up from behind the water bay, then to the unit that is mounted on a wall behind the rear panel of the storage bay (hope that makes sense).

BTW, I wish that they would go one model up for full protection. For example, Southwire makes a "full protection" ATS that also add brownout protection (under voltage). The model they sent me offers surge protection but not brownout protection.

If you don't mind, look to find the box behind your storage bay panel, and report back on what model they have installed for you. Thanks!

Brad