Thread: Key TV?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #10
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I have a 2019 3931FB. The first tv issue that I had was getting no satellite service using the Key TV. After several different suggestions from other folks here , I gave up an ran a direct cable from my receiver down behind fireplace and put a connection in outside. Solved that issue. About 2 months ago I too started getting poor reception on all of the televisions. I took the Key TV unit out and hooked all three sets to a splitter. Now have perfect pictures from cable. Doing this has eliminated the OTA to function. The radio has never worked. I notice a connection on the unit for radio but no cable to be found for it.
I need to order a new replacement Key TV but worry about it not performing any better. Complaining over.
Since you removed the KeyTV module and installed a splitter the reason your ORA roof antenna doesnt work is it is getting NO 12 volts DC to its internal preamp section to power up...

The 12 volts DC source to the roof OTA antenna is passed on the center pin of the coax... with no KeyTV module in place that is why you have no OTA signals... the KeyTV module was the source for 12 volts up to that roof antenna

All you need to do is wire in a good RV 12 volt DC switch plate and properly attach the coax cables to get 12 volts to the OTA antenna and it will function..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote