Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

I don't know if this will help or not.

The Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act of 2004

No Wayne, that doesn't help. That act only applies to one's permanent home where the possibility exists that you can't get local programming using a standard antenna or via cable. Morally, I don't thing it's right to be calling DirecTV every time a person moves their RV to another location for a period of time. For example, we've been here in Desert Hot Sp;rings, CA for almost nine months and my local channels via DirecTV are out of Houston, which I cannot get because I'm not presently located in that zip code area. I get the local channels here via my Winegard antenna and I have the E-W channels through DirecTV, so we're not hurting for programming. I just thought if others were able to get local programming wherever they parked their RV, then I thought I should have it also.

Orv
Ever heard the saying "too much information"? Dang, you've been living in one place nine months and you find it "morally wrong" to say you're living there? Do you maintain a residence in Livingston? Probably not. How can you "morally vote" in Polk County living somewhere else? It is my understanding those mail out ballots are for residents who are out of county on that day, not those living elsewhere. I maintain a residence in East TX, and I'm not in fact sure that I am qualified to vote by mail, even with the ballot mailed to my home address. Some folks really crack me up. Why complain about other folks getting service when you really don't seem to want it to begin with? JMHO
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote