View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #8
Bill.vannuys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17706
Exclamation

Thanks to all who provided information on repairing my slide. Finally Fixed!

Before leaving Texas, we had the mobile RV Tech "try" to repair our slide - dropping gear pack, realigning and then reattaching the gear pack ...then operating the slide to watch the teeth jump again and then be out of alignment. The Tech gave up and could not find the solution.

I cut my losses and made an appointment with D&T RV Repair in Goshen, Indiana for mid-June. For me, it is well worth the drive to get something fixed correctly in Goshen. Plus, we get to eat at Lux Cafe.

The D & T Technician heated to remove and clean all of my slide adjustment screws (They were a mess) and correctly adjusted the slide. When they also could not get the slide to stop jumping teeth, they called in a retired expert from Lippert who was involved in the slide development. He had the slide fixed in 30 minutes and working better than ever.

The problem: The channel that the slide rail rides in had crowned at the top and created enough of a gap that the rail could raise up when hydraulic pressure was initiated and allow the rail to jump teeth.

The solution: Involved placing 2 shims at the top of the channel that the rail slides into. The shims were washers that were cut (notched) on one side so they would fix themselves to a small tab in the top of the box (channel). This shims keep the rail from being able to rise up and the expert said the box (channel) will not crown any more (it has crowned as far as it can go).

I will add a picture of the repair where you can see 2 shiny silver shims barely visible above the rail and attached inside the channel.

Additionally, he said there is a modification that can be added to keep the channel from crowning at the top and allowing the rail to jump teeth....BUT, that modification has to be applied BEFORE the box becomes crowned. I will add a picture of that modification item below.

Thanks for the assistance. Unfortunately it was not something I (or the RV Mobile Tech) could fix.

This is the second time D & T RV quickly repaired a significant problem with my Montana when others had tried and failed. Thanks D & T RV Repair.

Thanks again for the repair information that helped me understand the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Shims.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	9529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modification.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	9530  

2014 3735MK Legacy, Sailun 637s, TST 507RV TPMS, 2 Battle Born 100 AMP Lithium Batteries, Slide Toppers
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ, 6.6L Duramax 4WD, CC, LB, SRW with Allison Transmission
Bill.vannuys is online now   Reply With Quote