View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #51
sptpfx

M.O.C. #25248
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Gary, I'm not trying to beat you up in any way, I'm just trying to make you aware that your truck is WAY undersized for that camper. If you do not believe me, go out to your truck and look at the yellow sticker on the drivers door post and report back with what it states as your cargo carrying capacity.

Your camper will have a pin weight around 3000-4000 lbs. That's without including anyone in the truck/ fuel / firewood / dog / or whatever else you may be carting along.

View what happened to my friend. He was pulling a new 40ft pull behind with a Nissan Titan I-20, Mile marker 169. Doing 70 in a 70 MPH zone. Semi was doing around 60-65. No distractions, ie phones,texting, drinking. We all tried to tell him he needed a larger truck but he wouldn't listen. Now he owns a 2016 Ram 2500 4WD, gas burner, 11, 000lb fifth wheel. Oh yeah, he almost killed his granddaughter. I tell everyone to really make sure what you are using to pull trailers are SAFE for towing and STOPPING. He bought a gas burner for his everyday driving.
Just remember you can buy many things but not family members.
Thanks for giving sound advice.
sptpfx is offline   Reply With Quote