View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #6
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Sam,
The limit that is going to be most constraining for you is the GVWR of the Truck - 9,200 lbs. Without a trailer you are already at 7,600 lbs. That leaves 1,600 lbs for cargo and pin weight. Assuming you add nothing to the truck for supplies you can pull a unit with a pin weight of 1600 and stay within your truck's limits.
I am pulling a 3000RK (with a 2500 HD SRW) and am over my limit by over 1000 lbs. I have removed some items, will be counter balancing by putting water in my tank aft of the trailer axles and relocating/removing cargo in the trailer to try and get back in limits. I should have a new weight available in 2 weeks.
One other thought on tows with no problems: This being my first 5th wheel my opinion on whether is tows okay or not doesn't mean a thing. It is what I am used to and seem "normal" to me. I really wouldn't be surprised if one of my experienced friends hopped behind my wheel and took my rig for a spin and came back and said "you better have your life insurance paid up, your rig does _____ and ______ and I wouldn't drive it 5 miles let alone 500 miles." Anyone know where I can get "In God we Trust" graphics to put on the side?

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote