Thread: Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #7
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
"Told that Montana is top of the line"....of what? They are the top of the line for Keystone 5th wheels. Top of the line in the 5th wheel RV world? No. Look at price and what you get for your hard earned money; floorplans. Keystone will knock it out of the park vs other brands on floorplans, price and usability for a new owner. The rest always, as I see it, have lots of problems trying to check the boxes.

Owning an RV means a few things; It is a hobby that costs lots of money. If you don't have basic repair skills from wood working, electrical and LP issues you will be lost and unhappy. Your best bet is to understand the RV industry and the folks that buy them.

"I only wonder how long the RV manufacturers will get away with putting out junk. In many states, we could buy a house for what we pay for these units"

The manufacturers are going to give you the product you are willing to buy for.....forever. They can't make enough units to get to the lots before folks buy them....people want cheap and light....then gripe about it.

In "some" states you could buy a house for the price of an RV? Maybe. I don't live in that state nor would buy a house at that price. An RV is a toy and needs to be viewed in that manner IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote