View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
jksimons
Established Member

M.O.C. #9659
Send a message via AIM to jksimons
Found On Road Dead

Okay, I am ready to get rid of my ford. I took my mom and sister to yosemite this past weekend towing my gooseneck living quater trailer. Hauling out of the park on Hwy 41, the truck up and died on me, going thankfully uphill, and by the grace of divine intervention near a turn out I was able to get most of the trailer out of the road. Well, let me tell you, breaking down in this location was interesting. I don't think we were more then five miles past the tunnel at this point. A, if you don't have verizon you've got no service, B, make sure you flag down ten cars min, out of those ten, one actually called the rangers. C, wait, wait, wait, for ranger..wait, wait, wait, for tow truck. So, first words out of tow truck drivers mouth, I'm $250.00 an hour right from this minute, what do you want to do? Um...is it just me or do you want to scream..DUH!. Since our trailers are close to equivalent size of my gn, be prepared to have him haul you out all in one unit. Yes, I said, all in one. He brought the big rig wrecker. My mom and I had to ride in the truck being towed. I have to say it was a once in a lifetime experience. Thankfully Tony from Doc's towing was really a great guy and dropped my trailer off at the KOA campground, found us a taxi service and had everything ready to go for today to tow the truck into Clovis this am. Also, they only bill AAA. Thankfully he cut us a break and only charged me 1000k for the tow. I'll keep you updated on the truck...this is the second ford I've owned that has done this to me...I told hubby..lets buy a dodge.
jksimons is offline   Reply With Quote