View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I just had my axles aligned two months ago and I can recommend a great shop here in Omaha but that is a little to far for most of you to drive for this type of repair. If you Google "Big Rig trailer alignment shops" in your area you should come up with a shop that can do your work OR you can ask your dealer if they know of any. I did this and the service manager at my dealership was happy to help me out. He even told me it MIGHT fall under the extended warranty(but it did not unfortunately.) While talking to the service tech at the wheel alignment shop, he told me he sees a lot of this with fivers. He said he's seen a lot that were brand new and just out of the factory with wheel alignment problems. This could be a factory problem by not getting an alignment done before it leaves the line OR it could be a problem produced by the transporters that bring the rigs to the dealership. They may be bouncing off curbs and hitting a lot of deep potholes to cause this misalignment. After going on the factory tours for quite a few years at the Fall Rally I can not see the factory taking the time to align the axles/tires before they leave the floor. This would definitely slow down the process and when they are pumping out 15-25 units off that line a day there is no way to do an alignment before rolling out the door. I guess it will just be left up to the owner and the dealer to have the unit aligned if that is a case and I don't see that happening either because of the cost.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote