Thread: New Order
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinrob View Post
Hello All, Well I placed an order for a Montana 3921FB yesterday. Estimated delivery date is week of Jan 23rd, 2018. I retire effective Dec 31, 2017 and look forward to beginning the next phase of life enjoying some travel. Tow Vehicle is a 2016 GMC DenaliHD 3500 CC LB 4x4. Any things I should look out for with 3921FB on PDI would be appreciated.
I'm sure others will weigh in on the PDI question you asked. My best advice is to not let them rush you. Take your time and open and close every cabinet, drawer and door to make sure they are tight and well aligned. Same with the refer. Have them show you everything about the thermostat. Check the heat and make sure there is plenty of warm air coming out of the ducts. Same with the heat pump and A/C. Close and open each slide and watch the movement and listen for any unusual sounds. Same with the landing gear. Look under the unit to see if everything is tight and secure (nothing hanging). Have them add water to the tank and check the faucets and check for leaks under the sinks. Check the TV's and make sure they are set up the way you want them. If you want satellite ask if they are satellite ready or what you need to do to make them ready. In other words, are they just satellite prep or satellite enabled. I never could get mine to work and had to run a line out the window for direct connection. Turn all lights on and off; same with water heater; stove; refer; electronics; etc. Climb the ladder just to briefly browse the roof for anything unusual such as tears or insufficient caulking. I suppose some would say to get up there and look around if you can. Check the fenders to make sure they are secure. Open and close all outside slam doors to make sure they are properly aligned. I had one that you could pull open even after it was slammed shut and locked. Just walk around inside and out checking for damage and workmanship. I'm sure there is more that I may not have covered that others with weigh in on. Remember, you get only one PDI. When I pick up my new Montana next spring I will stay at the dealer for a couple of days (they have a few pads with hookups) before I hit the highway. I am going 2,000 miles to get mine and want to check everything before I leave. Many dealers have hookups like that but you won't know they do unless you ask. If your dealer is local then it's not that important. Happy camping.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote