View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 08:11 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi billandcil. Welcome aboard.

New Vision Ultra is one of the FWs we looked into before we bought our first Montana in January, 2001. It was a nice rig but when I started looking 'behind the scenes' I felt the Montana was better built and more likely to withstand the kind of use we give it as fulltimers. That is strictly my opinion, of course.

Montana has been the number one seller for three years in a row. Last I heard it looks like they'll add a fourth, although I've not seen recent numbers.

Montana is not perfect. There are things we'd like to see improved. Lately it seems we're hearing about more problems than we've heard about in the past. I suspect that's because we've had a large increase in membership in this forum but I don't know for sure that is what's happening. In any case, we're very pleased with this Montana, which is our fourth fifthwheel and second Montana. I think it would be a good choice for you.

There are other good brands out there, including New Vision. I personally would go with the Montana unless I found another brand with a floorplan and appointments we fell in love with, assuming I felt the build quality met my standards. I don't know if this helps at all. You're doing the smart thing by asking questions first.

Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote