View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 AM   #18
lras

M.O.C. #2007
Ted and Lillian,
Wow! I certainly asked the right person! I'll go to work on the 1.5 Toshiba and I'll save your message as the bible on 5th wheel communication. So far I've turned on the heat in the camper as well as the fire place. Turns out some rocket scientist positioned the heatalor from the fire place directly at the thermastat on the ac/heater unit on the wall three feet from the fire place. Bottom line ... use the fireplace when it is hot so it doesn't affect the heater. Chapter 2 ... In order to turn the electric water heater off you have to go outside the camper and toggle the switch in the water heater unit. This happens frequently in campgrounds with limited amperage. The 50 amp unit we own requires more than 15 amps to operate. Thus, if you want the frig and water heater on gas you must accomodate the outside switch first and then deal with the inside switches. In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (my home) it seems redundant! Inside/ outside/ inside/ outside .. up here, we practically have a straight line genetic linneage to begin with. Oh well, live and learn! I really am enjoying the new unit. It is just different, requiring new procedures, new habits and "yes" an occasional manual! I've got a couple of years to retirement, but I sure envy you guys. Have a ball and stay in touch!

Len
lras is offline   Reply With Quote