View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 AM   #11
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
You MOCers are wonderful! I discovered Howard and Linda's web site last week and let the essay grading and noon hour chats with my colleagues fall by the wayside as I spent my time reading every word on the RV Dreams site. A wealth of info is posted there, and although not all of us applies to us and our situation, it certainly is a great place to find out about the things you might not have considered when preparing to fulltime in an RV.

Robbie and Alice, I know you were a wealth of information when boondocking with Howard and Linda. What a great way for thenm to learn the ropes of being without the power/water/etc. amenities--learning from people who are experts at that already.

I've made a list of the sites, books, and comments posted on this thread, and after taking Flat Stanley* over to the lake for some ice-fishing and a photo session, I'll be at my computer exploring everything I've learned.

*Flat Stanley, for those of you who don't know him, is a character from the Flat Stanley book. He's flat, because of an accident that didn't hurt him one bit except to flatten him like a pancake. My grandson's preschool class made Flat Stanleys and gave them to people to care for from mid-January to mid-February. The recipients were responsible for taking their Flat Stanleys various places and documenting their adventures. Brock's Flat Stanley has been snow-skiing, attending class with my students, shopping at Costco, Target, Lowe's, and Home Depot, playing in the dirt with big Tonka trucks in a huge hole on our property, swinging from my birdfeeders, riding our dogs, napping with our cat, climbing into a wood chipper (and then being placed in Time Out because he was told to stay away from that dangerous thing), and enjoying other adventures. The ice-fishing today will be the last outing for him, because I have to put all the photos in a photo-journal, write the story of Flat Stanley's month-long visit with us, and get the booklet back to Brock by Tuesday. The things we do for our grandchildren!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote