View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 08:23 AM   #33
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
Ditto on doing it yourself if you can. I stopped having "those places" do the oil change and tire rotation on our regular cars after I got sick and tired of them over-torquing everything. Last time they did it (about 2 years ago) I went to change the oil and I had to get my 18" breaker bar, hold it in one hand, and hold onto the frame with the other (because without holding onto the frame I just pushed myself away from it), and finally get the drain bolt loose. It was ridiculous! I'm surprised they didn't strip the threads.
After "those places" stripped the threads from my new 2004 F350 V10 I have never been back to any of those places. Most of them hire young green horns that have very little experience. There is a reason they offer cheap oil changes.

I never rotate tires on my dually even though I have all aluminum wheels. Rear tires are replaced at 5-6 years and generally still have lots of tread left on them. I rotate front from side to side and they look good at 5-6 years when they get replaced. My last of tires were Michelin LTX M/S on the rears and the fronts have Michelin Agilis Cross Climate for a better wet road traction tire.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote