View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Orin, I always tell folks that they need to define their RV’ing style prior to making a purchase. By this I mean: What kind of camper are you? Will you be full timing? Do you like to set up camp and stay a while? Are you constantly on the move? Are you a nature buff? Do you prefer the city life? Do you want solitude when you camp? Are you one that can’t do without ALL the creature comforts? Are you planning on going on long trips?

As full timers, we tend to stay places a little longer, we like our comforts, we enjoy some solitude, trees and picnic table is fine. Although we started out in Alaska, we are now in Florida and will be traveling up the East Coast this summer. Our goal is to see the US and in no particular hurry. We are members of 1000 Trails which allow us a three week stay, if needed, at their campgrounds; we are also retired military so we use the Fam Camps also. I could not imagine living in anything smaller than our 3400.

If I was trying to fit in as many locations as possible into a given amount of time and moving constantly, I might consider something smaller, but that is not the case. I have stayed at some nice RV parks that I could barely get into and some Corp of Engineer parks that were tight also. I have never NOT been able to fit somewhere, of course, we call ahead first to determine if the park is big enough for our trailer. We have not used the State or Federal Park system so I cannot help you there.

Again, try and define your needs and wants then GO FOR IT!!! Happy RV’ing!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote