View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We are fulltimers and living in a 2980RL. We like our smaller length because it allows us to NOT stay in the RV parks, we like the state campgrounds when possible, we dry camp whenever possible to save money, and we like the ability to fit into those smaller places. Many state and federal parks will advertise the shorter lengths, we have never found one we couldn't get into; sometimes it takes several attempts at positioning the rig.

Yes, we have been in some tough places, but being aware, having the tools to be able to move a branch here or there, is well worth the effort.

There's something about the roar of rushing water, the sound of the surf, or the crackle and warmth of a campfire, the scenery or maybe the moon glow; we prefer nature's sights and sounds to the activities in the RV parks. Some people prefer to have 50 amp power. You have to decide on your type of RVing lifestyle.

Like Michael, I don't have a problem asking someone to move their truck so I can position my rig. In most cases, it is the best solution to keep from possibly damaging their equipment.

Good luck with your choice.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote