View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholzbaur View Post
Hey all,

We are getting ready to do at least a year of full timing starting this September. We have already started looking at units and with lots of 2020’s clearing out for 2021’s soon, we are looking to jump in as soon as we find a deal we can’t pass up. We have a place we will be able to keep it for the few interm months where we will be able to slowly pack and load up. We really like the foorplans for the 3761FL (MSRP $102,864 with clearance price of $67,995) and 3791RD (MSRP $100,809 with clearance price of $66,635).

At this time of the year, what would be considered “good” and “great” discounts to MSRP? We are in northern VA if that makes a huge difference.

Thanks in advance!
Those are not clearance prices in fact far from it. Last year I purchased a 2019 3791RD, where as in Sept of 2019 there were several new the market for $57-58K. I ended up negotiating a new 2019 (Non Legacy) located in South Dakota for $58K including delivery to Seattle. However just before I sent my deposit I found a Used (6 month old) 2019 3791 with Legacy package and Full Body Paint. I ended up paying $58K and that was from a Dealer (located in Sacramento area) so you can imagine how much less they paid for it.

With the virus understand that 2021 models are a ways off (fall 2020). With all the campground restriction, personal investments savings (like 401K and others) in the toilet it should be a buyers market very soon right now sales are likely down.

I saw in Oct and Nov of 2019 there were 2020's advertised for $66,900 so your price is nothing special. Note MSRP means absolutely nothing it is a fictional price pulled out of someones butt.

I recommend buying one a year old that way the original owner has hopefully had all the bugs worked out saving you warranty down time and you do not take such a depreciation hit. I just had the 1st year end warranty list don it was at the dealer 3.5 months...

Look mine had an MSRP of $110K sold for $84K (keep in mind it had Legacy and Full body Paint) I purchased for $58k all in a 6-7 month period.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote