View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
RVDH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21148
Aftermarket warranties

When I bought my 2017 MHC 353RL in December privately and lightly used part of the deal was this Preserve Extended Protection Plan sold by the original dealer. they are definitely a ripoff. They claim they will transfer the warranty for $75 but when it came time to do so they denied the transfer due to the previous owner couldn't produce a receipt for anti-freeze for winterizing the RV. Now I wrote them a detailed procedure on what I did prior to buying it, which included running the on board pump, pressurizing the system and running all water related systems to verify "cherry juice" plus after I bought it I installed a water filter and air pressure tested the whole system, still denied. I read through their booklet which basically says that you have to have a dealer do all the maintenance per the manf. recommendations or its void! I'm a marine surveyor working in the boating industry since 1975 so there's very little on a RV that I don't understand or can fix on my own, plus if you add up the dealer fees it becomes just another money grab!!
RVDH is offline   Reply With Quote