View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #18
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Well I had a full up Banks Kit on my 2000 model F-250, 7.3L to include the Monster exhaust. It all worked very good together. I did notice a lot of gain in torque ft lbs and hp. I checked it on the gyro and it was awsome. But like most guys who tinker with their toys, decided I wanted a King Ranch in 05 so I bought a new one. Love the bigger cab and the 4 doors over the old truck with the super cab. I do miss the bigger exhaust; not necessarily all of the other suff that I got from the Banks Kit however. The new truck has plenty of power and the tranny works great. I have already added a cold air intake but will probably add a larger exhaust soon, maybe duals if they are not too loud. I too am an old speed freak from the 60s and loved the boulevard rumble those old Walker Continentals made with a big old V-8. I just think a bigger exhaust with the bigger intake would help for what I need at this time. I did find the added HP with the full Banks kit did NOT increase MPG enough to make the swap feasible. Thanks for the good discussion.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote