Thread: Just Passed!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Good for you Ren, I hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I have for over 40 years, I am not sure what bands the technician class allows you to operate on, me being Canadian but I am sure you will operate on 2 meters. If you are in an area that has an IRLP node then call up node 1503, that one is mine, and we can have a chat no matter where in the world you are.

We will be in Yuma sometime around the first of Feb, if you are in the area give us a call, I am helping KJ6IZQ set up a UHF repeater there and an IRLP node and will be taking him down some antenna's and a UHF repeater and duplexer. There is a IRLP node in Yuma and lots of other places around the US and Canada and the rest of the world, if you are not familiar google IRLP and you will get the scoop.

Likely around January 28 if you go to this link you will be able to see where I am located via APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System) another ham invention and only available to hams. It will track my location wherever I am, provided I have it turned on. That goes for anyone wanting to track my progress to sunnier places... Link: http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FVE7HD&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Good luck on progressing to the next level, we all look forward to hearing of your success.

73 - de - VE7HD
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote