View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 04:35 AM   #17
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
I agree with Don. Out of all the options in our Monty, I LOVE the fireplace. It wasn't factory, but our dealer installed it for us and at a huge savings.

I also agree that if you can, the 2nd A/C is a great idea. I believe it is great for a back up. Our dogs are inside and if we lost the A/C in extreme heat, my pooches would be in big trouble! We have had one instance of our unit freezing up; not unheard of in these units (tons of threads on this issue). We experienced 115 degree days here in San Bernardino earlier in August and the A/C was working over time. The temp inside the monty was 82 in this extreme heat. That is tolerable to us, probably not to others. We just this week purchased the second a/c and Steve plans on installing it on Sunday.

We thought about purchasing a wireless temperature and phone alarm package. It alerts you via your cell phone when the temp in your camper gets above a certain set point. Can call up to nine phones or pagers. Also has smoke, water, motion and audio sensors. Web site is www.tiptemp.com Cost is around $200, no monthly charge for the monitoring fee.

We have always said we bought a 37 foot dog kennel that has a bed in it for us. To us its all about the dogs; they are our babies and keeping them happy and safe is a priority. So this week they got a second A/C!

txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote