Thread: Tacoma Tire
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

When the time comes to replace the Montys tires I will instead replace the 4 tires on the TV when they are about 1/2 worn. I will than take the 4 half worn TV tires and put them on the Monty. The ONLY difference between the 2 sizes has to do with the "aspect ratio". I'm not even going to try to explain "aspect ratio" except to say the 245's are just a tad wider and a tad less in diameter, maybe 1/2" both ways. Other than that there is absolutely no difference and yes the Montys rims are wide enough to accept the little bit wider TV tires. By doing this I will always have good serviceable tires on the Monty while only having to pay a mounting, balance charge.
Glenn,
Are you sure this is a good way to go? I don't believe I'd want to put tires on my Monty that are already over 2 years old. I remember going to an RV tire seminar where it was mentioned that we should replace our RV tires when they are about 5 or 6 years old since the life of a tire is only 7 years from date of manufacture. The tread really is not the governing factor about whether or not a tire is good, although it does give us some guidance.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote