Thread: Tacoma Tire
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I spent 15 years in the tire business as both service/sales manager and owner. My brother and nephew are still operating the same tire shop where I was a founder and partner. Adams Tire and Battery Service
I have over 2 1/2 years on my Tacoma tires and with the exception of a flat caused by a screw have had absolutely NO problems. Just because the Tacoma is not a major brand does not make it a bad tire. In fact it is as good as any other brand including the majors.
BTW--For those having LT245/75R16 E rated on their TV such as the 2500HD. At 80 PSI these tires carry the exact same load capacity as the LT235/85R16 E that are on our Montys. When the time comes to replace the Montys tires I will instead replace the 4 tires on the TV when they are about 1/2 worn. I will than take the 4 half worn TV tires and put them on the Monty. The ONLY difference between the 2 sizes has to do with the "aspect ratio". I'm not even going to try to explain "aspect ratio" except to say the 245's are just a tad wider and a tad less in diameter, maybe 1/2" both ways. Other than that there is absolutely no difference and yes the Montys rims are wide enough to accept the little bit wider TV tires. By doing this I will always have good serviceable tires on the Monty while only having to pay a mounting, balance charge.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote