View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 07:26 AM   #41
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAWilsonPE View Post
Hello Brad!

Great to hear from you! I am glad you are getting good use out of your solar package.

My PD transfer switch failed too and they sent me a replacement which has been working fine so far. I did wire my small Honda generator to the transfer switch so it works as intended.

Regarding water replenishment, consider one of these water bladders. It fits nicely in the back of the truck behind the hitch and holds up to 60 gallons of water. Perfect to refill the fresh water tank without moving the rig. I connect it to the “winterize” inlet so I can used the water pump to transfer. Connect the outdoor shower outlet to the city water inlet, switch to fill and it works

https://www.bayteccontainers.com/60galwaterbag.html

Amazon does not seem to have the 60 gallon one just now. When empty, it is really lightweight and folds up to about the size of a paperback book

My next upgrade to the SSF system will be a couple of more batteries, just trying to decide where to put them.

Best Regards, Mike
Thanks Mike, great to hear from you also!

Yes, I was thinking of a bladder, thanks for the recommendation.
Then I was thinking of a waste water bladder as well. Haven't worked it all out yet, but I did plumb a macerator in on the drop frame, so I know I can pump up to a waste bladder in the truck.

I was considering extra batteries also, but the lowest we've ever gone on our batteries so far has been only down to about 30%. We do try to go places where it's not so hot that we need a lot of AC.
We are off today for 10 days to a nice lake with wooded camping. We will have power for some of it so I don't think I need the genny.

Brad